QAST DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM 2024
QAST Development Program
NZSKI Race Department in collaboration with QAST designed a program to develop the base technique and skills necessary to discover the world of ski racing and make new friends. The program provides a combination of terrain and set environments to challenge the participants and help them build the confidence to participate in the sport.
The 2-week program is held in the July school holidays at Coronet Peak and suitable for primary school aged children, with an ability to ski the full mountain and ride the T-bar.
Once an athlete has completed the Development Program they have the opportunity to apply for the follow-on QAST Interfield Team weekend programs. (Note: The follow on program is only available for the ages range whose DOB is between 2017-2018).
Enrolments and further details for the QAST Development Program can be found on the NZSki website (Will be available May 2024)
- 12 days of coaching, focusing on development of fundamental ski skills
- Program hours: 8:30am - 2:00pm
- Participation in Schools Race, registration through Snowsports New Zealand www.snowsports.co.nz/register
- Training in July 6th - 21st.
- Interfield Race Dual Slalom July 21st - Register through Snowsports NZ www.snowsports.co.nz/register
QAST Development Follow-on Program
- 2 half days per week on weekends for Birth Years 2017-2018 (U8)
Start date: Saturday 27th July 2024
End Date: Sunday 29th September 2024
Fees: U8 Follow on Program $950
- I can put my skis on by myself
- I can get up by myself
- I can ski at a consistent high speed
- My skis are parallel in the traverse and in a little wedge at the turn
- I can ride all lifts
- I can ski all groomed runs
- I can do jumps and ski easily off piste (lower exchange to keyhole)
- Skis must be level with the athlete's nose, well maintained with sharp edges and waxed. Binding must be adjusted correctly to the ski boot.
- Ski Boots must be 3 buckle boots and the correct size and 50 flex (a foot well held in the boot will enable your athlete to improve faster)