QAST DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
*OPEN DAY 2020* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
QAST Development Program
The QAST Development Program is our foundational program and is specifically designed to develop the base technique and skills for children necessary to become a competitive ski racer. The program provides a combination of terrain and environments to challenge the participants and help them build the confidence to participate in the sport.
The 2 week programme is held in the July school holidays at Coronet Peak. The training program is overseen by the QAST Coaching Director in conjunction with the NZSki Race Department.
Once an athlete has completed the Development program they have the opportunity to apply for the follow-on QAST U10/12 weekend programs.
Enrolments and further details for the QAST Development Program can be found on the NZSki website here.
- 12-14 days of coaching, focused on development of fundamental ski skills
- Program hours: 8:30am - 2pm
- Personalized Coronet Peak Race and QAST hoodie
- Participation in Night n’ Day Junior Interfield Race, registration through Snowsports New Zealand
- Parent and athlete information session July 5th 3:30pm @ the Wakatipu Rugby club
- 5th - 8th July
- 10th – 13th July
- 15th- 17th July
- 18th July: Night n' Day Junior Interfield Race - Register through Snowsports NZ
- August 15th and 16th optional additional weekend of Kombi training
QAST Development Follow-on Program
Training 2 days per week on Sat and Sun.
Start date: 25th July
Insurance (optional) $54.00