QAST DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
QAST Development Program
NZSKI Race Department in collaboration with QAST designed a program to develop the base technique and skills necessary to become a competitive ski racer. The program provides a combination of terrain and set environments to challenge the participants and help them build the confidence to participate in the sport.
The 2-week program is held in the July school holidays at Coronet Peak and suitable for primary school aged children, with an ability to ski the full mountain and ride the T-bar.
Once an athlete has completed the Development Program they have the opportunity to apply for the follow-on QAST Interfield Team weekend programs. (Note: Interfield Team ages range is DOB 2011-2016).
Enrolments and further details for the QAST Development Program can be found on the NZSki website (Will be available Feb 2022)
- 12 days of coaching, split into four blocks of three days over July focusing on development of fundamental ski skills
- Program hours: 8:30am - 2:30pm
- Participation in Schools Race, registration through Snowsports New Zealand www.snowsports.co.nz/register
- Training in July: 9th-11th, 13th-15th, 17th-19th, 21-23rd.
- 23rd July: Coronet Peak National Junior Schools Champs - Register through Snowsports NZ www.snowsports.co.nz/register
- Optional: 24th July: Night 'n' Day Coronet Peak Junior Interfield Race - Register through Snowsports NZ www.snowsports.co.nz/register
QAST Development Follow-on Program
- 2 days per week on Sat and Sun for Birth Years 2014-2011.
- 1 day per week on Saturday for Birth Years 2016-2015
Start date: 30th July
Insurance (optional) $26.00