The QAST U8 program is designed to get juniors excited about ski racing and to develop the physical and mental skills needed to compete as a ski racer at a higher level. This program is all about building the skier and setting them up for success further down the line by acquiring the skills that are needed, all in a fun atmosphere that lets them grow and develop.
The program is designed to teach the love of outdoors and how to play and respect our mountains. The kids will experience a lot of different possibilities that our playground offers us including:
- Ski racing (drills and gates)
- Off piste skiing
- Bump skiing
- Jumps (safety and rules in terrain park)
- How to ride all lifts safely
- Become independent (put my boots on by myself and carry my own skis)
Program fees include:
- Enrolment in the QAST Development Program
- New member induction meeting on Saturday 10th July at the Queenstown Event Centre
- A QAST jacket (to be handed out on 31st July and returned at the end of the season). Note: Athletes are also required to wear black ski pants
- Athletes will ski with their group from 8:30am - 2:00-2:30pm
- Athletes are encouraged to pack a healthy lunch, water, spare gloves and enough warm clothes should the weather change during the day
- Training 1 day a week on Saturdays with experienced qualified coaching staff
- Optional training on Sundays if desired at a cost of $65/per day (these dates can be purchased through our online store www.qast.org.nz)
Training 1 day per week on Saturdays as well as school holidays.
Start date: 10th July
End date: 25th September
Insurance (optional) $83.40
Payment by Instalment Option: Fees may be paid in three instalments with first fee payment on enrolment due of $245.25. Insurance is compulsory if this payment option is chosen.
Additional Training Days
U8 athletes have the opportunity to purchase additional training on Sundays if desired at a cost of $65/per day. Additional training days are available to purchase here.
Enrolment Form Here